Ancient palace located in the historic centre of Toledo, World Heritage City, right a few meters away from the Cathedral. Its most ancient dating known, stated by archaeologist qualified by the “Consorcio de la Ciudad de Toledo” is from the 9th century and it was the one of a half horseshoe arch.
From those times up to this age, the footprints of several different architectonic designs and social and cultural eras can be sought all-around the city; It is so that the house possesses a treasure in vestiges dating from the 9th and up to the 17th century. In 2004 the works to enable it as a family house began and they would not be finished until March 2009. It has been catalogued by Patrimony with value “P”, maximum rating for a private house.
According to Jean Passini, this house belonged to the prior Aruche in 1492. Curiously, according to B. Nahman on its list of families in Toledo that left the city after the Expelling Law in 1492, this was the second name of many of them, which points out it could be of Sefardi roots.
The bottom floor counts with a patio of Islamic origins, and possibly redesigned centuries afterwards by Alonso de Covarrubias. It has two stoned columns on which the first-floor gallery, rests with a carved inscription that reads “AÑO DE 1555”.